Friday 27 April 2012

'New African Woman' Magazine with Menaye Donkor featuring Nicol DeNoir Corsets

'New African Woman Magazine' editorial shoot and interview with Menaye Donkor, wife to footballer Sulley Muntari and former Miss Universe, featuring Nicol DeNoir corsets styled by Lauraine Bailey.  Available in WHSmith Apr/May issue 2012.

Front cover featuring Menaye Donkor

Menaye Donkor 'Who's that girl?'.....

Menaye shown on the right wearing Nicol DeNoir Gold Metallic Corset

Knitted dress, Korlekie by Beatrice K Newman is gorgeous 

Black leather corset by Nicol DeNoir

Black and Gold Leather corsets by Nicol DeNoir

Photography: Jason Venkatasamy
Styling: Lauraine Bailey www.laurainebaileystyling.​co.uk
Fashion Assistants: Natalie Wo at Fashionblag and Naomi Harrison
Hair: Bianca Scott
Make up: Claire De-Graft

Knitwear Dresses: Korlekie by Beatrice K Newman
Corsets: Nicol DeNoir (made to order)
Jewellery by Bee

I attended this shoot on the off chance, while dropping off an item that hadn't been included with the courier.  The shoot wasn't too far from where I was based, so I decided to drop off the luxury piece in person which was returned midday from another stylist.  I don't always get the chance to meet all the people involved in shooting my work, as I am often busy working on other projects and producing the goods. Unless of course I am doing my own shoots.

On this occasion is was nice to be out of the studio although I had a deadline to meet for the next day for another shoot, hectic week I know! but great to be in demand and busy at every turn.  So it was refreshing to see others working away while I just watched as the shoot progressed.

I arrived while the model Menaye was just being laced up in my gold corset by the stylist Lauraine Bailey.  She looked fabulous and at that moment I felt very proud of my creation.  It wasn't too long to go before the shoot was finished so I decided to stay a little while, rather than organise the return.  I spoke to Menaye for a little while, who at the time I didn't realise who she was.  I remember thinking what a lovely woman.  She was so humble, graceful and definitely someone to look up to in admiration with a killer figure and great cheekbones.  I was hardly surprised to learn that she was also a former Miss Universe winner representing for her native country Ghana.  Menaye currently resides in Milan with her husband AC Milan footballer Sulley Muntari.  To find out more about the Celebrity visit http://www.menaye.com/category/blog/ 

Copyright © 2012 Nicola Desnoes T/A Nicol DeNoir™ corsets. All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment