Friday 23 July 2010

The history behind my first corset collection




I often enjoyed James Bond, maybe I secretly wanted to be a bond girl myself....;) The Sean Connery ones, my favourite of all, slick, smooth and charming. A real classy gentleman. The girl’s were so stunning, the make up, the styling, the missions. I always liked the way they could kick ass, with a look like butter wouldn’t melt, yet these girls were so deadly. It was always sad to see them killed off in the end. Everything about Bond movies were full of action, fear, tactics, romance, polished and actually very very cool.

These women weren’t fragile or timid at all, no silly exaggerated screaming or falling over at the wrong time. But even though I wasn’t even born yet, when the bond films began in the 60’s, this was a time when you didn’t need to see blood and gore to appreciate a movie. A slick karate chop and you were out cold!

This range was the first corsets I ever produced for my Nicol DeNoir collection in 2008. Working with leather and cotton I wanted to create a ribbed effect to show the detail and direction of the bones. My main focus was to develop shapes and silhouettes, sometimes designing, developing and research to see what worked well. The location for the shoot and styling is a true reflection of my collection, a moody subdue setting, ready to assassinate to complete her mission!

Credits:
Photographer: Ewelina Stechnij
Styling: Neesha Sharma
Hair & Make-up: Anne-Marie Simak
Model: Katie from Union Models, London

Lounge Magazine Oct 2008
Featuring Nicol DeNoir Leather Corset/Cotton Corset

No comments:

Post a Comment