Tuesday 21 June 2011

Creating the Look


Throughout my youth I was always told ‘you’re so skinny’, you need some meat, and now that I have ‘filled out’ we tend to feel uncomfortable being a normal average size and that the real reason behind my range. During the Corset periods, it didn’t matter what size a woman was, she was still very fashionable and that’s my point. The twiggy undernourished look doesn’t necessarily do it for me unless it’s for editorials or the catwalk, but the average woman can’t relate to that. I’ve experience being on both sides of the fence and as a woman and a designer I know what needs to be addressed, so I cater for it.

When I produce a corset for a customer they really do feel special, because I know what they want and I design to cater for this, which is more appealing to the client. Garments that are mass produced for the consumer is the same and aimed at a younger market, age/shape shouldn’t be such an issue but it is and if someone who feels young inside is left with limited choices to feel trendy and curvaceous without going 'under the knife' then what choice is there really!

Copyright © 2011 Nicola Desnoes T/A Nicol DeNoir™. All Rights Reserved.

Nicol DeNoir™ Leather Corset Skirt
Nicol DeNoir™ Satin/Chifon Blouse

Photos taken behind the scenes by Nicola Desnoes @ Eric Jorrin Studio's
Testing with Photographer Chris Shiels & Eric Jorrin
Mua/Hairstylist: Oluebube Ubadike
Model: Renata Trencanska
Styling: Nicol DeNoir

No comments:

Post a Comment